Change Password

Ask or answer questions about using this forum. No scooter related questions.

Change Password

Postby bingoldsby » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:18 am

I'm getting older and feebler (that a word), and cannot find a way to change my password.... as is stated to be possible in the email which was sent at my direction to RESET the old password.

The directions state that it can be done from my Profile Page - which in itself was a trial to find. From that page, I cannot find anything which relates to changing the password issued at the reset.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

(Also... the link to "Contact Administrators" on some page I found, does nothing when clicked.)

Brian
bingoldsby

Re: Change Password

Postby slonaker » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:28 pm

Changing any of your settings on the board is done through your User Control Panel. The UCP is available when you are logged into the website. The link to it can be found on the upper left portion of every page. If you click on the words "User Control Panel" your browser will take you to that page. It has tabs that look like the tabs on the top of file folders. Choose the "Profile" tab. There you can change parts of your board profile. Just below the profile tab on the left side of the page click on "Edit Account Settings." Type your new password where it says to. Then type it again in the confirmation box below it.You'll have to type your current password in the appropriate box as well. Click the "Submit" button, and you are done. Easy as pie, right? :mrgreen:

By the way, don't copy and paste your password into the confirmation box. It is there to make sure you didn't mistype it the first time. If you type bing0ldsby instead of bingoldsby, you'll lock yourself out of your own account, and you won't know how or why!

Oh, and you can always contact me through email by clicking the envelope icon in any of my posts.

I don't recall a contact admin link, but I'll look into it. If you see it again, let me know where.

Patrick
slonaker
Site Admin

Re: Change Password

Postby bingoldsby » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:17 pm

Thanks for the information. I have found what I need and made the password change. My respects.

Brian
bingoldsby

Return to Forum Help