CF Moto Fashion? Clone of the Helix except the engine?

Brands, pricing, parts, reviews etcetera

CF Moto Fashion? Clone of the Helix except the engine?

Postby Cincycaddy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:57 pm

So went and looked at a 2004 CF Moto Fashion today. Listed on CL for $450, 2200 miles *needs fuel pump.

I was always under the assumption these were 'exact' clones, but after a bit of research I guess everything but the motor is a honda clone while the motor is a CF Moto design.

SO seller doesn't know much about it except he accepted it as partial payment on a loan. Tried to spray starting fluid in her and nothing, wouldn't fire. Any suggestions? I read on another forum these use a vacuum pump that has issues, but I would think the starting fluid would get it to at least fire. CDI's seem to fail on these?

Chris.
Electrical Engineer..car geek!
Cincycaddy

Postby fire1427 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:44 pm

http://cfmoto-us.com/html/downloadCust.aspx
manual downloadable there

I know my neighbots on his third or fourth coil
fire1427

Postby Cincycaddy » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:00 am

Thanks. I think I'm going to punt on this one unless I could pick it up for $150. The CF Moto designed motor puts me off.

chris.
Electrical Engineer..car geek!
Cincycaddy

Re: CF Moto Fashion? Clone of the Helix except the engine?

Postby whitefusion » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:14 pm

whitefusion

Postby silverbullet » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:24 pm

Cincycaddy wrote: The CF Moto designed motor puts me off.

chris.

HHHHHMMMMMMMMMM Wonder Why...... :? :?
Lou
98 Helix
06 650 Burgman
silverbullet

Postby bigphillip79 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:37 pm

CF Moto makes good stuff. Best of the Chinese stuff. Not as good as honda but worth the look. If it not getting fuel should be an easy fix if the pumps out
Ain't you big for a scooter?
bigphillip79

Postby vwzach182 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:59 am

I bought my95 Helix a few weeks ago in a non running state and needed to replace the exhaust valve, a bunch of engine gaskets, engine mount/hanger bushings and other various pieces and ordered it all directly from a local CF Moto dealer as parts for a Fashion. The parts were all a perfect identical fit and seem to be of very high quality. Im willing to bet the cf moto carb is a little cheesy, and it seems that their front brake caliper is different from any helix model but every engine part I've seen is absolutely identical. Helixparts.com and other non oem online retailers sell only chinese parts made specifically for the Fashion but they work great on a helix. The parts prices from a cf moto dealer are INSANELY cheap, in most cases way less than even online chinese prices. Honda exhaust valve is 36 to 40 dollars, CF Moto valve is 10 dollars even.
vwzach182

Postby helixnz » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:46 am

You are correct Big Phil I bought a cf moto complete driven clutch whole assembly It is even been balaced for less than i would pay for shoes! Works perfectly and i dont need anyone to tell me whats it going to be like in a year or two as this is a high wear item in any form running a 250 through a 10 inch wheel. and you no it to. The clutches we are looking at on ebay and alike are good they even put them in carts!! This is not the first clutch ive bought and i am flogging them to death!! Where i live in Wellington NewZealand it is tough on any auto as we have lots of hills, steep ones so the cluch is always loaded .My cns will leave my yp400 to 35mph
As with the plastics there is good and bad! you are riding 25 yr scooters well some of them are as i have a original to. My original purest scoot is a 1987 the first off the production line for its year and it is beautiful. serial number JH2MFO2O3 HK 6OOOO1 I have spent serious money reconditioning it back to original using its original plastics welding glueing etc although no regrets and it will never be for sale i would not go there again .If your bike is getting this old the plastics will be getting brittle so whey flog a dead horse.If you have broken this or that then replace or dont go there. What some of you dont realise that NewZealand is at the bottom of the world and there is not a big number of these scoots there is no parts pool. Infact we have 3 times more ch250,s .This is probably the reverse of the U.S.A
In fearness to the cf moto plastics or any other plastics as an old or as orignal as you may think have. Have you ever consided that your scoot has probabley been dropped at some point and whatever you offer up may take some sort of thinkering or effort. I have also experienced this to
I aggree that the motors and some electrics is another story.
But running real cn,s The good bits dont fail .Only rearly
maxiscootnz
helixnz

Postby trying59 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:47 pm

So is there power or not? if not main fuse. If power then i would look at the foot break switch under the floor boards . If its got the kick stand cut out you have to have that up for it to start. AFter that you have to start with the basic , fuel , spark , eletrical. Cdi , bystarter , fuel pump etc. If it's sat for any length of time the carb might be gummed up. Fuel line can be bad. At 150 bucks you can buy it , try to make it work and at the wosrt sell the parts. the panel will get you 100 bucks , wheel another 50 bucks etc. engine 200 etc.
trying59

Postby slonaker » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:45 am

trying59 wrote:So is there power or not? if not main fuse. If power then i would look at the foot break switch under the floor boards . If its got the kick stand cut out you have to have that up for it to start. AFter that you have to start with the basic , fuel , spark , eletrical. Cdi , bystarter , fuel pump etc. If it's sat for any length of time the carb might be gummed up. Fuel line can be bad. At 150 bucks you can buy it , try to make it work and at the wosrt sell the parts. the panel will get you 100 bucks , wheel another 50 bucks etc. engine 200 etc.

Keep in mind that you replied to a question asked more than two years ago. It is unlikely that the original poster is still trying to get an answer to his question. I'm going to go ahead and lock this post.

Patrick
slonaker
Site Admin

Return to Helix Clones