headlight flashing

Brands, pricing, parts, reviews etcetera

headlight flashing

Postby corvairbob » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:33 am

can anyone tell me where i may locate a device that will make the headlight flash, either from hi to low beam or just on and off. i was involved in a car bike crash and the other driver said they did not see my big burgman and the helix being smaller i'm thinking a flashing headlight may be a bit better at getting seen on the road during the daytime. any thoughts or even if this is legal? thanks bp.
Last edited by corvairbob on Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
corvairbob
cf moto fashion
corvairbob

Postby happybutt » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:12 pm

Think what you want is called a motorcycle headlight modulator. It does not flash but rather pulses.

Have a look at:
http://www.gadgetjq.com/headlightmodulator.htm
happybutt

Postby corvairbob » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:28 pm

thanks. now does anyone happen to know if the helix model of the kiss unit will plug and play in the fashion? i'm guessing it will but just to be sure i have to ask. thanks bp.
corvairbob
cf moto fashion
corvairbob

Postby bigphillip79 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:13 pm

I started wearing a high vis green vest over my riding jacket. I has helped a butt load. I've noticed that I am noticed more often.

Advanced Autoparts has some LED driving lights for $20. Those will help also.
Ain't you big for a scooter?
bigphillip79

Postby GhostHost » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:00 pm

Bob,

I have both a H44001 Kriss Modulator with a Sylvania H4 ST Silver Star Halogen 60/55W bulb. I mounted the light sensor in the front grill. Installs just like Kriss says. I have been using Kriss products for over 20 years and been very satisfied.

I also use a Kriss BT 5500 Brake signal integrated unit. It both improves your visibility to the rear and during the stopping sequence. At night you only have the brake/turn signal light. With the Kriss BT unit, both your rear turn signal lights are always on at a reduced power setting. When you apply the brakes the turn signal lights come up to full power and wig-wag three times -- then flash three times -- then go steady. The brake light goes to a steady flash. Very impressive to the guy following you.

GH
07 Helix
N. Central Florida
GhostHost

Postby corvairbob » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:41 pm

gh. thanks. it turns out the fashion has a switch that keep the turn signal on untill you need them and then the turn signal you need goes to flashing. i'm going to get one of those headlight modulators this winter after i get back to work and can afford it. also i'm going to get the brake light flashing unit and one of the light bars that look like that car in the tv show kit. and then when you press one of the brake levers it flashes and then goes steady. and on my fashion under the spoiler it has a light bar that goes from the outside in and then steady when the brakes are on. so with all this i should be noticed. might make the people behind me irate but it will be better than getting hit. i know this will not stop the one person that thinks i just took off and never looked but that will be at a corner and little damage will occur. but on the road i'm counting on being seen before i get hit going 60 mph and then falling and doing tons of damage. believe me it hurts i was just down that road. thanks bp.
corvairbob
cf moto fashion
corvairbob

Postby corvairbob » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:51 am

today i installed the path finder headlight modulator to the bike. in the garage it looks to work good. in order to check the lights function i will place a mirror on the wall where i part the bike at night to make sure it is working. but I'm also going to ask the maker if they have a way to install a bulb on the dash so i can monitor it while driving just in case it fails i will know then.
corvairbob
cf moto fashion
corvairbob

Postby trying59 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:01 am

that the common tale. you can add 3 m reflective tape to your bike. Really people aren't going to see you. near misses happen every week to me. People turning without seeing a bike. Then again would have then seen a car? For 10 bucks with shipping you can get these Wireless LED Brake Light http://www.sciplus.com/singleItem.cfm/terms/15567
review of them http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/riderlight/
as for the product your looking at read this thread about how bad they are with custmers. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=423310
trying59

Postby corvairbob » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:42 am

trying59 wrote:that the common tale. you can add 3 m reflective tape to your bike. Really people aren't going to see you. near misses happen every week to me. People turning without seeing a bike. Then again would have then seen a car? For 10 bucks with shipping you can get these Wireless LED Brake Light http://www.sciplus.com/singleItem.cfm/terms/15567
review of them http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/riderlight/
as for the product your looking at read this thread about how bad they are with customers. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=423310

so tell me the difference? your trying to tell me that the headlight and tail light mods do no good and then you try to tell me on on the helmet will work better? that like the pot calling the kettle black in my view. and as for that person calling kriss. seems i got through the first time i called them and i got to talk to a tech about the product. they even carried on an email with me. and when i got a dual system from ebay and i emailed them about the possibility of returning the slave unit in exchange for the master they returned my mail the next day so that link is from some one that is not entirely accurate about what he is saying. or they have improved there customer satisfaction tremendously.

and as far as just placing reflective tape all over my bike that makes as much since as painting it with reflective pant now just how do you think drivers will react to a big blob coming down the road at them. some drunk drivers may even try to make a target out of it.

i have read op on the mods and the concencus was they do work. and i for one have had my attention drawn to the flashing lights in the daytime. and don't tell me you never notice the driver going down the road with the 4ways on and your say what it that all about. no sir i disagree that the headlight and brake light will confuse drivers. i now see school buses and truckers with the brake lights on the back of there rides so it must mean something. bp.
corvairbob
cf moto fashion
corvairbob

Return to Helix Clones