Info about speakers and grill cover?

Brands, pricing, parts, reviews etcetera

Info about speakers and grill cover?

Postby Cubey » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Since there seems to be some QLink and/or CF Moto owners here.. I have some questions.

What size speakers does it have?

Is the dash cover where the speaker grills are just one big molded piece of are the speaker grills two extra pieces that are mounted onto it?

I am wanting to put one of these dashes on my Helix for a factory looking speaker setup. 8)
Cubey

Postby corvairbob » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:28 pm

cubey. i have my dash apart installing a different radio. i will measure the speakers tomorrow and let you know. mine has 4 speakers 2 in the upper part of the dash and 2 in the removable section of the dash. it looks like 1 1/2" tweeters in the top part and 4" in the lower part but i will give you a firm answer tomorrow. if you get the fashion dash it may come with the speakers installed. bp.
corvairbob
cf moto fashion
corvairbob

Postby Cubey » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:14 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot about the uppers. I may not bother with those but if I can get waterproofs in that size and the plastic for it cheap enough, why not?

No, it doesn't come with speakers. It never shows them in a diagram but I found the parts list that mentions speakers (maybe the link will work):

http://www.cfmoto-us.com/dealerConnecti ... CCESSORIES

It lists ...

SPEAKER - $6
MIDRANGE SPEAKER NEW STYLE $12.50 (maybe for the top box?)
TWEETER NEW STYLE - $10.50

But I'd rather buy some off ebay so I'll have some high quality and maybe better wattage speakers than CF Moto offers... if they'll fit the plastics.
Cubey

Return to Helix Clones