first ride of the year

Brands, pricing, parts, reviews etcetera

first ride of the year

Postby corvairbob » Tue May 03, 2011 4:33 pm

well yesterday i took the cfmoto for the first ride of the season. it now has 9 miles on it. whoopy! anyway after i got home and parked it i noticed a spot of oil under the air intake manifold coming from a weep hole. i then placed it on the center stand and checked the oil and saw it to be just a bit full with the dipstick screwed all the way into the hole and back out to check. if that is the correct way then my bike may be a bit full and maybe that is why it dripped some oil.

the flashing headlight worked good the self canceling turn signals worked fine and the radio was great. i did find it a bit on the lite side after riding the burgman for 5 years. but i will get used to the weight and soon it will be fine. the book says it is to go 60 mph but i did get it to 70 for a short time. i don't want to run it up hard until it has a few miles on it. i did notice the front brake lever was a bit to far out from the bar for my taste so i will look into getting it closer to the bars. but one thing i don't like at all are the grips they are way to slippery. can anyone direct me to a site that sells softer grips and maybe have recommendations on the type they use. and do any of the helix use the throttle holder that keeps the throttle in one place to help keep the tension off the hand while riding? i had one on the burgman but i don't see that fitting on the scooter. thanks bob p.
corvairbob
cf moto fashion
corvairbob

Postby Cruiser » Tue May 03, 2011 6:22 pm

Honda tells you not to screw the dipstick in when checking the oil in the Helix. So you may be ok.
Cruiser

Postby bigphillip79 » Tue May 03, 2011 7:17 pm

I have a VistaCruise throttle lock on my Helix and it works great. A far as grips. check Ebay. Just need something for a 7/8 bar. I think the stock Helix bars are good. Try those, they will fit.
Ain't you big for a scooter?
bigphillip79

Postby silverbullet » Wed May 04, 2011 1:17 pm

Its always nice to get that first ride of the season in & get some air betwix them ears! :mrgreen:
I know what your saying about the Burgman, I still have mine, I don't see myself selling it in the near future as I love the gadjets & the power, Yet I guess they call it a lardy for a reason. it sure is haevy to move around vs the Helix. I probably only have 80 miles on it this season vs 800 on the Helix. 8)
Lou
98 Helix
06 650 Burgman
silverbullet

Return to Helix Clones