Back on the road at long last!!

Brands, pricing, parts, reviews etcetera

Back on the road at long last!!

Postby Bigalshakespeare » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:30 pm

:D Hello folks. Sorry for the long lay off. My Jialing as you know has been out of action for the past several months due to sourcing a suitable exhaust. Now I have 3 :shock:
I am commuting every day to work here in England. Sometimes up to 70 miles one way. I get loads of attention as the Honda/Jialing is very rare here. Will keep you updated with any eventful goings on 8)
Jialing JL250T-B called Izzy
Bigalshakespeare

Postby Bigalshakespeare » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:12 pm

:evil: :evil: :x :oops: :roll:
Well I spoke to soon and my Jialing has been off road again for some time. I had a slow speed spill on a bend when it was raining. Too much throttle and I was on my side. While facing the wrong way down a hill I forgot to put on the foot brake. When the bike slipped I caught it but ripped out the wing mirror and cracked the windscreen at the same time. I am waiting delivery from China for the parts...
Jialing JL250T-B called Izzy
Bigalshakespeare

Re: Back on the road at long last!!

Postby Dennis D » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:10 pm

Bigalshakespeare wrote::D Hello folks. Sorry for the long lay off. My Jialing as you know has been out of action for the past several months due to sourcing a suitable exhaust. Now I have 3 :shock:

Glad to hear you're back to riding again. Hopefully you'll never need the two extra exhaust systems! Ride safe!
2001 Helix
Dennis D

Postby fire1427 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:41 pm

cant you use the helixparts.com stuff ???as they are helix clones and those are clone parts
fire1427

Postby Dennis D » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:20 am

So far the CVT parts I've gooten from Helixparts.com have been very cheap chinese junk. I've ordered and received much better 3rd party parts from Oregon Vintage. Based on the throwaway parts I've already gotten from helixparts... I don't really want to throw more money in that direction, and wouldn''t advise anyone else to... at least for engine parts. They also only publish favorable reviews... which is probably why there aren't many there! I gave a fair, but unfavorable review of parts I ordered, and they wouldn't publish it. All the reviews they have published there, are very nonspecific but favorable to them.
2001 Helix
Dennis D

Postby fire1427 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:31 pm

Because of the crash I was assuming he needed plastics and since it's aclone they sell them and have a european branch ...
fire1427

Return to Helix Clones