Hello from London

An optional place for members to tell us about themselves

Hello from London

Postby Rockybucket » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:27 am

Hi all, just a quick intro..Gazza (thats an English nickname for Garry) from London, England..I'm new to scootering & have started off with a 98 Spazio that I picked up in Great Condition with only 7500km on it... It belonged to an old friend who unfortunately passed away at Christmas..He was a bit of a bike hoarder all his life, bought this one on a whim from new, used it little & then parked it up in his garage and forgot about it since 2004!! Now its out hitting the Streets of London with another old fella (me) and bringing smiles to faces..

I wasnt sure at first, but now I absolutely love the thing,...I'd never even noticed one on the Roads before & so am pleasantly surprised to find a whole World of us Honda people out there :) First time I've used a forum ever, and I'm not that clued up on how it works, but like scooter riding, I hope to get the hang of it soon haha..

All the best, from a Grey Chilly old London Saturday Morning

Gazza
Rockybucket

Re: Hello from London

Postby Cruiser » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:34 am

Welcome to the Helix world.
Cruiser

Postby slonaker » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:19 am

Welcome to the board, Gazza!

Patrick
slonaker
Site Admin

Postby Rockybucket » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:42 am

Thanks Fellas, shame your all on the other side of the Big Pond :)
Rockybucket

Postby slonaker » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:34 am

There are a few people on the board who are in England...

Patrick
slonaker
Site Admin

Postby Rockybucket » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:13 am

Thanks Patrick, thats good to know. I'll have to look em up sometime..

Gazza
Rockybucket

Postby Jim Wills » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:30 pm

Rockybucket wrote:Hi all, just a quick intro..Gazza (thats an English nickname for Garry) from London, England..I'm new to scootering & have started off with a 98 Spazio that I picked up in Great Condition with only 7500km on it... It belonged to an old friend who unfortunately passed away at Christmas..He was a bit of a bike hoarder all his life, bought this one on a whim from new, used it little & then parked it up in his garage and forgot about it since 2004!! Now its out hitting the Streets of London with another old fella (me) and bringing smiles to faces..

I wasnt sure at first, but now I absolutely love the thing,...I'd never even noticed one on the Roads before & so am pleasantly surprised to find a whole World of us Honda people out there :) First time I've used a forum ever, and I'm not that clued up on how it works, but like scooter riding, I hope to get the hang of it soon haha..

All the best, from a Grey Chilly old London Saturday Morning

Gazza

Hi Gazza, I escaped London after 60 years and am now in Norfolk UK, I sold my Helix in 2014 that I'd had from new in '90, after it was gone I noticed its great values, low seat height, good storage and low c of g..... a few weeks ago I was lucky enough to find another Helix (actually Spazio) having 30,000 miles on it and no history - although it had a 'Murphy' owner at some point....At moment I'm renewing the cvt as a whole to be on the safe side having already found a few discrepancies which are being attended to. I hope your'e still enjoying the BEST SCOOT HONDA EVER MADE, all the best.

Jim
Jim Wills

Postby wilsongj » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:39 am

Hello, welcome from France, we are in Jonzac, used to live in Swindon, have just done a run down to Spain, a Helix is the thing to do it on, so be brave and do a big rideout.
wilsongj

Return to Introductions