My first Helix ...

A place to discuss matters related to Honda Helix scooters.

Re: My first Helix ...

Postby HELITEL » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:07 pm

Dale Gribble wrote:Well , I took my spaceship (as I call the Helix) to work last week to enjoy a random nice day ..... Got off at 3 am and headed home ... Noticed a suv following behind for about 10 blocks . When I pulled up at home several people in the suv attempted to steal the helix , in the fray I took off , but my poor helix received a bullet to the side fairing during the getaway .... I returned fire (God bless CCW) , and thankfully I wasn't hit . Unfortunately the guilty parties got away , and now I'm hunting for a OEM replacement fairing . I despise Chinese repro parts for my precious Honda . I have paypal , if anyone has a spare and can ship to 64126

Wow what a story . Ive visited the USA quite a lot , and seen those gun posters in shops , saying stop and raise hands if challenged . Never really felt in danger though.. To risk getting killed for your Helix is scary though. Cheers Tel
HELITEL

Postby Dale Gribble » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:58 am

hit a huge pothole a week ago, waiting on the citys adjuster to determine value for the damages....in the meantime , is there any mods required to replace the steel wheels with the later aluminum wheels ? i cant find a definitive answer. some say the brakes have to be swapped as well, some say its a straight swap. i have to replace both wheels and exhaust. contemplating an aftermarket exhaust, any recommendations? they seem just as pricey as OEM
Dale Gribble

Postby GrahamH » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:44 am

I have changed the steel wheels in my CN250 from steel to alloy. It was quite easy as the wheels are interchangeable. There was only one small issue with the front wheel as my aluminium wheel did not have a brake disc so I had to swap over the disc from the steel wheel. The special bolts holding the disc on the steel wheel are M8x57, part number 90106MF2010 and the bolts for the alloy wheel are M8x24, part number 9010SKR3000. They can't be cut down to suit, however the longer bolts are used on a few other Hondas, mine came from a VFR750.

Hope this helps........GrahamH
GrahamH

Postby Dale Gribble » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:43 pm

The wheels im purchasing already have a disc on the front . Both alloy wheels for 60$ shipped seemed like a steal . The city is cutting me a check for the bike because they deemed it totaled . Guess it's upgrade time . I couldn't convince the wife we needed a second helix for her ....
Dale Gribble

Postby Dale Gribble » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:03 pm

https://www.ebay.com/i/142691607582

These are the wheels I bought . Hope I didn't make a mistake ..
Dale Gribble

Postby birdmannn101 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:57 pm

Dale, if you need any forks or front end stuff let me know and I'll try to help you out.
birdmannn101

Postby Dale Gribble » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:45 pm

Thanks for the offer , I haven't broken it down yet to know what if any anothe parts need replaced . My wheels arrived today . Thinking About powder coating them something other than silver .

Are there whitewall tires that fit our helixes???
Dale Gribble

Previous

Return to Honda Helix