ADDITIONAL BRAKE LIGHT

A place to discuss matters related to Honda Helix scooters.

ADDITIONAL BRAKE LIGHT

Postby BAM » Thu May 17, 2018 12:00 pm

I recently installed a LED brake light wing to my 1996 Helix. Mine is red and fortunately, the seller on E-bay has two colors, white and red. The quality is excellent and it fits perfectly atop the trunk, still leaving room for a luggage carrier if you like. It comes with a 2-wire harness, two metal supports plates (for underneath the trunk), but no instructions. No problem, as it's easy to figure out how it mounts. You have to drill two small holes on each side of the trunk for the mounting bolts (4), and one larger hole for the wire harness. I clipped the connector off one end, so I didn't have to drill a large hole and reconnected it after running the wires back in place. I ran the wires through the top hole, across the bottom of the trunk to the lower left side where i drilled a small hole to run the wire through. I connected the two wires to the wiring harness just off the left side turn signal housing. It cost me $85.00 as I selected the red color. As it comes from China, it took a few weeks to arrive. I have posted photos on Facebook under my name if you want to see what it look like.
Bert Monsen
BAM

Re: ADDITIONAL BRAKE LIGHT

Postby Av8er » Thu May 17, 2018 6:52 pm

BAM wrote:I recently installed a LED brake light wing to my 1996 Helix. Mine is red and fortunately, the seller on E-bay has two colors, white and red. The quality is excellent and it fits perfectly atop the trunk, still leaving room for a luggage carrier if you like. It comes with a 2-wire harness, two metal supports plates (for underneath the trunk), but no instructions. No problem, as it's easy to figure out how it mounts. You have to drill two small holes on each side of the trunk for the mounting bolts (4), and one larger hole for the wire harness. I clipped the connector off one end, so I didn't have to drill a large hole and reconnected it after running the wires back in place. I ran the wires through the top hole, across the bottom of the trunk to the lower left side where i drilled a small hole to run the wire through. I connected the two wires to the wiring harness just off the left side turn signal housing. It cost me $85.00 as I selected the red color. As it comes from China, it took a few weeks to arrive. I have posted photos on Facebook under my name if you want to see what it look like.
Bert Monsen

I have a red 07 and want to add the wing with light but can’t find a red one. Do you have a link so I can order one?
Av8er

Postby birdmannn101 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:20 am

Do you have a picture of the light to share?
birdmannn101

Postby Dan_Lockwood » Fri May 18, 2018 8:01 am

birdmannn101 wrote:Do you have a picture of the light to share?

Here's what I found.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Honda-Helix-Spoiler-with-Stop-Light-CN250-Fusion/263622863945?hash=item3d6125ac49:g:DDsAAOSw5cRZHfmJ

For $49 you get an UNPAINTED lighted spoiler. Colors available for $20 extra.

This is the description from the eBay website.

All the Honda Helix (Fusion in Japan) have spoiler for Safety reason.

This auction is for unpainted spoiler with integrated stop light / brake light on sale for only $49

Stock Color Available in: Black, Pearl White, Candy Apple Red, Dark blue and Silver are available for $20 more.

By adding this spoiler to your bike, your not only making your bike look sporty but also adding a safety feature. I almost got ran over by a SUV because he didn't see my stock brake light, which is near to the ground.

Brake light are made of LED which is better than Bulb type. More lights safer to ride.

Wiring and Drilling are requested. Please mail me for the color you like after you won the auction. Thank you!

TERMS:

Shipping: Buyer Pays $15.00 for shipping through FedEx ground, add $2.00 if you need insurance.

Note:

Please see my other auctions. Shipping is FREE if fits inside the trunk.

Good luck with your purchase.
Dan

3 Harleys
'98 Red Helix
Dan_Lockwood

Postby Av8er » Fri May 18, 2018 9:18 am

Guess I missed the part where it said a painted one was available for $20 extra.
Thanks
Av8er

Postby Av8er » Sat May 19, 2018 1:31 pm

Got mine ordered!! Thanks
Av8er

Postby Av8er » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:37 pm

BAM wrote:I recently installed a LED brake light wing to my 1996 Helix. Mine is red and fortunately, the seller on E-bay has two colors, white and red. The quality is excellent and it fits perfectly atop the trunk, still leaving room for a luggage carrier if you like. It comes with a 2-wire harness, two metal supports plates (for underneath the trunk), but no instructions. No problem, as it's easy to figure out how it mounts. You have to drill two small holes on each side of the trunk for the mounting bolts (4), and one larger hole for the wire harness. I clipped the connector off one end, so I didn't have to drill a large hole and reconnected it after running the wires back in place. I ran the wires through the top hole, across the bottom of the trunk to the lower left side where i drilled a small hole to run the wire through. I connected the two wires to the wiring harness just off the left side turn signal housing. It cost me $85.00 as I selected the red color. As it comes from China, it took a few weeks to arrive. I have posted photos on Facebook under my name if you want to see what it look like.
Bert Monsen

Bert,
How did you connect your wires to the wiring harness? Is there a clip or did you cut and splice them? The reason I ask is you say you clipped the wires to feed through the hole then reconnected the connector.
Thanks in advance.
Av8er

Return to Honda Helix