93 Helix still have vibration

A place to discuss matters related to Honda Helix scooters.

93 Helix still have vibration

Postby Vern Wagner » Sun May 20, 2018 10:33 am

Last summer my Helix developed a full body vibration, I replaced the rollers with ones from Ebay. Put reassembled them wrong, but figured it out. I cant get it to vibrate when on the center stand. Only under power even at lower speeds. Should I try better new rollers? Change the belt? Or drop the engine and figure out how to replace the motor mounts? If so any ideas on where to find new motor mounts ?
Vern Wagner

Re: 93 Helix still have vibration

Postby Scooterboy45 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:14 am

Try this. Step on the foot brake while twisting the throttle. Sometimes this will deglaze the belt and get rid of the vibration.
Neil in MA.
Scooterboy45

Re: 93 Helix still have vibration

Postby zozman » Sun May 20, 2018 8:55 pm

Vern Wagner wrote:Last summer my Helix developed a full body vibration, I replaced the rollers with ones from Ebay. Put reassembled them wrong, but figured it out. I cant get it to vibrate when on the center stand. Only under power even at lower speeds. Should I try better new rollers? Change the belt? Or drop the engine and figure out how to replace the motor mounts? If so any ideas on where to find new motor mounts ?

What is the mileage on the scooter?

If the mileage is near 15K, I suggest you replace the weight rollers with OEM Honda 22123-KS4-306 and the drive belt with Honda 23100-KM1-671. An alternate belt is the Gates 6012. You may need to remove the rear clutch assembly to see if the bearings are good.

There are no motor mounts. There are several engine hanger bearings. If the rear wheel assembly fails to move laterally while on the center stand, that isn't your problem.

zoz
87 & 98 Helix
zozman

Return to Honda Helix