Intro, Take Two

An optional place for members to tell us about themselves

Intro, Take Two

Postby dvhdhs » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:22 am

Okay, so I was a total goofball and made my introduction in the wrong place. I'll get better...I'll have to! But thanks to Dan_Lockwood for pointing me in the right direction with his reply.

So, in case you skipped over my misplaced newbie post...

My name is Victor, and I'm new to this forum and new to the Honda Helix. Oh, sure, I've owned and ridden bikes and scoots off and on for the past 50 years...started with a Bridgestone 350 (remember them?!), a Triumph, a BSA, a radically hopped-up Honda CB750, a Vespa GTV-300ie, and a Vespa ET2-50. I just recently sold an '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 that was B-A-D!!! Loved her dearly, but the opportunity to sell her to a serious rider came along, so I took it.

Now, I'm thinking about getting back onto a scoot. Thought I'd do something besides another Vespa, and the Helix 250 keeps popping up. From what I've read and watched so far, I think it'll be right up my alley. I'm not the best at wrenching, but I have a bike mechanic who's straight-up and reasonable on the $$$ (anytime you ride a 15-year-old or older bike, you'd better be a talented wrencher...or have a mechanic you trust!). And I had a friend who rode an Elite 80 until he was well into his 80s and passed on. Thus, my interest in Hondas.

I live in Desert Hot Springs, CA, where we can ride pretty much year-round (well, summer gets to be an adventure, but there's really only about 8 weeks of triple-digit temps when you don't want to ride much). I have just started my search for a scoot, so any helpful comments or leads would be welcomed.

One of the things I've gleaned from watching w-a-y too many YouTube vids is that Helix owners have a pretty good sense of humor. I hope that's reflected in my signature...

Victor

BTW -- Dan also once owned a Bridgestone 350...first person I've ever run across who didn't try to tell me I had to be talking about my tires!
The Barcalounger of Scooters!
dvhdhs

Re: Intro, Take Two

Postby Dan_Lockwood » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:47 pm

Victor, my wife's bicycle is also a Bridgestone! Go figure.
Dan

3 Harleys
'98 Red Helix
Dan_Lockwood

Postby Cruiser » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:41 pm

Welcome, do you have a Helix yet?
Cruiser

Postby dvhdhs » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:32 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Cruiser. No, at the moment I have not made a purchase. Got a bit of traveling ahead of me before I'm back home long enough to get serious about getting a scoot. But Spring is just around the corner! (Yeah, I know winter is a better time to get a rock-bottom price, but my timing is gonna be a tad problematic!)
The Barcalounger of Scooters!
dvhdhs

Postby Cruiser » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:28 pm

dvhdhs wrote:Thanks for the welcome, Cruiser. No, at the moment I have not made a purchase. Got a bit of traveling ahead of me before I'm back home long enough to get serious about getting a scoot. But Spring is just around the corner! (Yeah, I know winter is a better time to get a rock-bottom price, but my timing is gonna be a tad problematic!)

I have three Helix. Thinking about down sizing, but I am in Ohio/ Can't help you there!
Cruiser

Return to Introductions