headlight bulb

A place to discuss matters related to Honda Helix scooters.

headlight bulb

Postby benner2 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:16 pm

I have read the Manual still not sure how to change the headlight bulb do you really have to take the whole front plastic off or just the three screws on the dashboard :? thanks...
benner2

Postby byeway » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:06 pm

Well - - it takes a bit more than 3 screws . . . you have to remove the "service panel" (or "maintenance panel") and that takes a certain amount of manual dexterity.

You have to simultaneously twist and lift and shift and pull (without forcing too hard which will break little plastic tabs) as you disengage the panel from interlocking with the "dashboard" the "Parking Brake Lock-release" the steering mechanism and the leg shield - - - all at the same time.. :P

Needless to say, you CAN do it as many others have proven; but it isn't simple. :roll:

THEN you can remove the headlight bulb from the rear.

What fun, eh?

OH - and then you have to put it back together, which is even more tricky!
Byeway Bill
byeway

headlight bulb

Postby benner2 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:06 am

Thanks now at least i know it can be done..also the scooter has the radio and speakers built in will be more of a problem i expect its an 87 mabe ill sell it i have a 2000 that i ride... :)
benner2

Postby vmaxnutter » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:59 am

my headlight just went "pop" so I'm in this position now. I've got the maintanance cover off but still can't see how to get the bulb out, there's just too much in the way. . . Any advice would be really helpfull.

cheers
vmaxnutter

Postby jeffj » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:05 am

the wire to the bulb ends in a rubber plug on the back of the bulb. Pull it off. Then the big retaining nut with rubber boot on it turns, less than a 1/4 turn to the left, remove it. The bulb has a wire clip across the back of it. Take the end of it out of the notch on the right side, swing away, and remove bulb. that's all from memory, hope I haven't forgotten anything. It's just difficult to maneuver your hands in that space. Just take it slow.
jeffj

Return to Honda Helix